Armed Forces Day
What is it?
Armed Forces Day is a day to show support for the men and women who make up the Armed Forces community.
Mesothelioma UK holds an event to celebrate our veterans with mesothelioma and to raise awareness of mesothelioma among members of our Armed Forces.
In 2019 we were lucky enough to be able to attend the National Event in Salisbury but since the covid-19 pandemic, we have been holding virtual events instead
Check out what happened at our previous events below.
Armed Forces Day 2021
Mesothelioma UK is inviting members of the armed forces to join us to raise awareness of mesothelioma within the armed forces and provide insight into the project, work, people and research that the charity has been conducting.
Thursday 24th June 2021 16:00 – 17:00pm
The agenda is as follows:
- Opening Comments with MP Stephen Morgan (Portsmouth South)
- Welcome and meet the Supporting our Armed Forces Team, The UK Mesothelioma Crisis and Meso UK Services – Liz Darlison, CEO Mesothelioma UK
- Armed Forces and Veterans Video
- MiMES research report findings
- An insight into being an armed forces nurse – Phil Hall Help for Heroes Nurse (TBC)
- Memorial Showcase – Anne Moylan CNS Nurse Mesothelioma UK
Past Armed Forces Day Events:
2020 Mesothelioma UK – Supporting our Armed Forces project and MIMES research virtual update
In 2020 Mesothelioma UK Invited Military personnel, veterans and their families affected by Mesothelioma to join our virtual conference to hear from...