Due to welfare reforms in 2013 the benefits section has been under review in collaboration with Macmillan Cancer Support. With special thanks to Maggie Bailey at Macmillan Cancer Support for her assistance. The factsheets are now available.
- How to get benefit forms
- How to complete forms
- Industrial injuries disablement benefit
- Lump sum payment
- Attendance allowance - age 65 or over
- Carer's allowance and carer's credit
- Constant attendance allowance
- Personal independence payment (care) - under age 65
- Personal independence payment (mobility) - under age 65
- Employment & support allowance
- Statutory sick pay
- Housing and council tax benefit
- Pension credits
- State pension
- Before going into hospital
- Leaving hospital
- Funeral payment
- Bereavement benefits
As some welfare changes are being made in pilot areas would suggest you may need to seek individual advice from Macmillan Cancer Support on 0808 808 0000 or from your local asbestos support group. You can also refer to the Macmillan Cancer Support website for information.
For help to check with exactly which benefits you are able to claim, help to fill in the necessary forms or to discuss any problems you have with your benefits you can call Macmillan Support Line on freephone 0808 808 0000 - Mon - Fri 9am - 8pm or you can contact your local asbestos support group.
© Mesothelioma UK